Bath bombs are so easy to make and the variations are endless. In time for Easter we have made some delectable chocolate bath bombs with sweet almond oil. They smell amazing and contain beneficial salts for a relaxing and wonderful smelling bath time.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bath bomb tongs
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup sodium bicarbonate
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- 8-10 drops of chocolate fragrance oil
- Add all of your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl (citric acid, sodium bicarb, corn starch, cocoa powder) and give it a good thorough mix.
- Measure out ½ cup of sweet almond oil and add this to your dry ingredients a little at a time, stirring thoroughly. Do not add to much oil to fast or you will activate your citric acid.
- Stir your ingredients together until it’s all combined. Keep stirring and mixing until your dry ingredients have mixed completely with the wet ingredients. Your mixture should resemble wet sand when mixed.
- Scoop your mixture into one side of the bath bomb tongs and pack it down tightly. Turn the tongs over and do the same to the other side. Make sure you overpack this side. Squeeze both sides of the tongs together as tightly as you can. I didn’t worry too much if they didn’t close together fully.
- After a few seconds release the tongs and your mixture should have formed a perfect ball.
- Turn the tongs over gently in your hand and very lightly just put your finger over the hole in the tong and give a little push. This is enough to loosen the ball and it will tip out in your hand. Put aside gently and let dry. I let mine dry for at least 3 days to fully harden.